5 Simple Relaxation Tips
You already know that relaxation helps your body re-energize, but sometimes you're so busy and gripped at the moment that you just don't have time to unwind.
Everyone experiences times throughout the day where you just wish you could relax for even a few minutes.
Well, fortunately, there are simple ways to relax, even during your busiest days, that don't require a huge amount of time or equipment.
Here are 5 Simple Relaxation Tips:
I) When the going gets tough, laugh: Laughter's proven to be an instant stress reliever. Now I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be seen as a nut case, so laughing out loud when you're in line at the store or sitting at your desk may not be the best time.
Get someone involved in your laughter, if possible.
- Tell a funny joke or story to a co-worker (at an appropriate time, of course).
- Watch funny videos on YouTube.
- Play a fun game or sing a silly song with your kids as you're driving.
II) When you're at work: It's often hard to find time to relax at work. There are some techniques you can do while you're at work to help create a sense of calm that aren't so obvious to others.
- If your job requires you to sit at a computer all the time, ensure that you stand up and walk around for a few minutes every hour. Doing this helps circulate the blood throughout your body. Just moving the blood flow will make you feel more alert and focused.
- While sitting at your desk, roll your head around, from side to side and from front to back with your eyes closed. This technique helps to relieve neck tension, increasing blood flow to your brain, which is an easy and natural way to relax.
- During a break or lunchtime, go for a walk. Walking is an excellent way to clear your mind and your body will benefit from the extra exercise.
- If you're on your feet all the time, stretch out your back and sides by standing with your feet firm on the floor, shoulder-width apart, and twist your upper body, including your head, slowly from side to side. Doing this will unwind your back muscles and spine, releasing tension throughout your body.
III) When you're rushing through a busy day: Take just a few moments to escape the business of reality just by daydreaming! Daydreaming lets your imagination flow, causing instant relief from the stress of the here and now.
- After five minutes of a calming daydream, you'll feel relaxed, reenergized and ready to face the real world again.
- Think about a place or experience that makes you feel calm or happy. Imagine how it smells, how the air feels, and who's around.
IV) When you're in line at the food store: Rather than stressing out because there aren't enough cashiers and every line has five people with heaping carts of groceries, use that time to relax your body by taking some deep breaths.
- Deep breathing helps increase the oxygen in your blood. Your blood then circulates that extra oxygen throughout your body helping your internal systems recharge.
- Getting five slow deep breaths will do the trick. The proper technique is to inhale and exhale deeply through your nose and out your mouth.
- Not only will deep breathing help you relax, but it'll also contribute to clear your mind, reduce brain fog, and you'll feel a lot more ready and alert to tackle the next project on your plate.
When you're feeling stressed or just want to clear your mind, deep breathing can be done anywhere.
V) Wherever you're at, Smile: Smiling is proven to help relax and rejuvenate your body.
- When you're out and about, smile at others around you.
- When you're at work, smile at your co-workers. Not only will it help you relax, but it'll also contribute to relaxing them.
- When you're toting them around to all their different activities, smile at your children. Doing this will create a peaceful environment you'll all enjoy.
Practicing these simple, everyday relaxation techniques will help to sustain and strengthen you throughout your day. When you get home, it'll also make it easier to unwind. Your friends, co-workers, and family will all appreciate the new, relaxed you!
New Related Book:
Stress-Free "It's My Time" by John Crosz:
This brand new inspirational book by The Healing Universe has never has been edited anywhere else.
Learn to handle stressful situations intelligently! This book is showing you the best way to deal with all your biggest pet peeves.
135 pages including 30-day exercises which are recommended to get rid of stressors and deal with any stress, anger, fear.
It also includes great photos to download and print as inspirational and decorative wallpapers.
Formal Price: $ 18,49